Airplanes can be pretty boring…especially when they don’t have those little television screens. What next? Do you just sit there? Nope.
1) Read a book – Works every time. Nothing more to be said.
2) Write – Why not? All you need is a pen and a paper and by the time you get off, you’ll have a poem to your name.
3) Anagram – It’s very effective! It takes up a lot of your time (and brain) but its fun to read afterwards! For example, “Justin Timberlake” becomes “I’m a jerk, but listen”
4) Stare out of the window – Just look out and experience procrastination at its best..that is, if you are fortunate enough to be sitting next to a window.
5) Entertain babies – I can very confidently state that I have never stepped on to a plane where at least one baby wasnt squealing. They are the most amusing and fun to be with humans! Play with a baby why don’t you?
6) Read a magazine – Airplanes provide those free mags. Agreed, they aren’t all that exhilarating but still, desperate needs call for desperate measures don’t they?
7) Make use of the earplugs – Those kind air hostesses always pass out those earplugs so put them to use and listen to some music to pass the time.
8) Play a game – I invent all sorts of games when I’m bored. Since airplanes have so many people, try guessing what each of them may do once they reach their destination. For example: if I were to see a blonde woman in her twenties reading a novel, I would guess she was going to meet a friend for the holidays. On the other hand, an old lady knitting a sweater maybe going to take care of her daughter’s new-born!
9) Engage in conversation – You never know, you might have just found a far away relative…this world is very small I’ve heard.
10) Sleep – One of my least favourites but I’m sure it works. I’ve seen people snore through their entire journey….how on earth do they manage to do that?